Expected public release time is Jan 4th.
Several major changes:
- "Edit" button in task detail dialog is gone - you can now directly tap on a field and start editing it. Note that you still can get non-editing view by pressing the keyboard icon - that way you can tap links and phone numbers in the text. Try it!
- There is no undo, so be careful what you type. Worse case you can quit the app half-way through editing a task, the changes are not preserved until you hit the back button.
- Completing a task now completes all descendant tasks. Un-completing a task now also un-completes all ancestor tasks. Basically it now works like Google intended. If you find any way to make a complete task have non-complete sub-task let me know. This includes moving non-completed subtasks into complated tasks etc.
- Moving and indenting task - tap "Edit" button in the task list view and you can drag and drop tasks at will. To indent a task, press it for about 0.1 second and then slide it left or right. Just flicking it wouldn't work - you have to press and then slide. Also see the video below.
- A counter of active and "due today or earlier" tasks to the list view.
- When sort is set to "Group:Date", the drag and drop results into tasks changing their due date instead of location.
What's coming in the next version:
- Moving tasks to a different list. Already coded.
- Deleting tasks from task list. Already coded.
- Sort by Title.
- Fewer hiccups.